English plays a pivotal role in everyone’s life nowadays. There is great utility of English in modern world. It is the most acceptable business language world -wide. It serves as a link-language in the country. It is the most widely used language in official communications. The abolition of English will adversely affect the office work. Most office-goers know English, but many of them do not know other languages besides their mother-tongue or regional language. Thus, they communicate with each other in English for their everyday work. So, if the office-goers are asked to bid goodbye to the English language, they will face a great difficulty. It is harder to understand spoken English than written English.
The following are a few of the most common reasons why people around the globe opt for spoken English–
- People who speak English fluently have more job opportunities. Businesses need employees who can communicate effortlessly with English-speaking partners and clients.
- qSince English is the language of science and technology, English speakers have more opportunities to work with others in these fields and to share ideas and innovations.
- When their children are learning English in school, parents who speak English are in a better position to help and even communicate with their children.
- Being able to make a good English conversation makes it easier to travel. Because English is spoken as a first or second language in so many different countries, it is always easy to find English speakers as well as printed information in English, especially at hotels and in areas frequented by tourists.
- The English language gives students access to information and research. Since many of the top academic journals are published in English, students and academics need strong English reading and writing skills.
- English is also the language of the Internet. Many websites are written in English – you will be able to understand them and to take part in forums and discussions.
- English is based on a simple alphabet and it is fairly quick and easy to learn compared to other languages.
- English is not only useful – it gives you a lot of satisfaction. Making progress feels great. You will enjoy learning English if you remember that every hour you spend gets you closer to perfection.